A Quarter Life Crisis

Rants With Atmosphere!!!

Jon B



So I’m jumping back into the dating game feet first. Feet rather than head because head implies over thinking things and I’ve already been there and done that.

The first summer prospect is Jon B. Jon B is all types of scrumptilicious for a number of reasons but the first is because when I see him I think of Jon B. Yes I had a thing for Jon B’s buttery voice back in the day. Maybe it was the way he sang those ballads all Babyface-like that made me melt. Maybe it was a his undeniable good looks, whatever it was I was way into Jon B back in the day. Not that my Jon B is the Jon B, although he used to be a hip-hop group some time ago.

Second Jon B also has the best phone voice this side of the Philly! When he called to let me know he’d be 15 minutes late for our Starbucks meet and greet I nearly crashed Juan The 2nd. Prior to this our convo had been completely e-mail, Yahoo messager, text chat Yuppers it’s a sezy phone voice…could come in handy on those travel away from home trips.

We had our official first date at the Starbucks in Chestnut Hill. As first dates go, on a scale from 1-10 I’d rate it a 6.5, outside of the Ex Future Husband I’ve never had a 10 first date. There was something all types of special about that boy. The convo flowed, Jon B didn’t seem in any way socially awkward and he’s a smart ass, which is right up my alley. I can see myself chillaxing with him again in the near future.

Since life rarely hands you a dozen roses without thorns there were a couple Debbie Downers. Now they weren’t earth shattering but time will tell if I can deal. The man, 34, lives with his father. Hmmm, I listened to the “reasons” and found them totally logical however it doesn’t change the fact that Jon B lives with his daddy and he’s a grown a$$ man.

Who am I to complain, The Little Brother cohabitates so this might be the pot calling the kettle.

I’m sensing the possibility of male patterned baldness. He was wearing a cute Kangol, not the grand pappy one but the fitted kind that all the hip-hop heads wear, side note it was way cute. Y’all know I loves me some hair to run my fingers through. I’ve never dated a bald guy before my system might go into shock. Yes this is way superficial but come on now I’m a work in progress OK.

Jon B is still paying some bills for his ex. Red flag, I think yes! As he tells it, he is the only father figure his ex’s daughter has and he doesn’t want her to go without even though he is not with her mother. Awl that sounds all helping elderly people across the street sheltering stray kittens-esque but in the my mind it also signifies deep unresolved emotional ties to his ex, whether Jon B’s willing to admit it or not.

At the end of the day I’m not looking for a relationship so these few items aren’t gonna stop me from going out with him again. Oh did I mention we dig on the same type of music. He’s way into olde skool hip hop and r&b. This is right up my alley. I sense a live music partner in the making. Of course it doesn’t hurt that he’s sort of a Baldwin (ha ha I was watching Clueless the other day and will be bringing this back to my linguisticals for hot guy).


3 Pardon My French:

Ice Cold said...

I always tell my homies that you need at least 3 decent dates b4 you can really assess the person you're dating. Good luck!

cardiogirl said...

Alrighty, never heard of a Kangol so I don't know which is the grand pappy one so I'm not sure what his lid looked like.

Had to laugh that it sparked a question about male patterned baldness, though. My husband is sporting massive power alleys with a dash of monk in the back. Now he shaves his head into stubble.

He did have a full head o' hair 16 years ago.

I have to agree on the lives-with-his-dad thing *and* paying the ex whose kid is not his. Forewarned is forearmed.

Chaotically Calm said...

@Ice Cold, that's a good rule of thumb. These are my initial reactions which are always subject to change.

@Cardio, See you were a leg up Mr. C started out with a full head o hair. I am not sure if I will be able to overcome my shallowness...I kid, slightly!

Blogger is being a la difficult and won't let me post the pic in the comment section but here's the web address: http://www.hats.com/product.aspx?id=136659

I am keeping my eyes way open on this one, I can't afford another year of ignoring the signs.

Tweet Tweet

Labels

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Funny Clip

Followers

BC Familia

20 Something Bloggers

Blog Archive